Earlier this week, Twitter held an all-hands meeting using Google Hangouts and Slack. According to my friends at Twitter, the experiment was a resounding success. This raises the question: what are your favorite tools for remote meetings, as well as remote work?
We use Slack, Slack screen sharing, and (occasionally) Slack audio/video calls. We use Hangouts once in a while; it’s nicely integrated into Google Calendar. For screenshares with clients, we use join.me and Zoom. And we use Webinarjam for, um… webinars.
Importantly, we use Google Suite to remotely work together on documents, decks, and spreadsheets in small groups. Without this shared document production space, remote working would be much clumsier.
So here are today’s questions:
- Do you work remotely (or have employees or FTEs that work remotely)?
- If so, what are your preferred workflows and tools?
- Are your remote workers more or less productive than workers on-site?
- Are your remote workers harder or easier to manage than workers on-site?
- Would you be willing to remotely attend an event about remote working?
I’m thinking about doing an interactive webinar about remote working next week (with guest speakers, presentations, etc.). If you’re interested in attending, presenting, or being a guest, please fill in the form below.
Take the Survey
If the survey is not visible, click here.
Author’s note: This is not a sponsored post. I am the author of this article and it expresses my own opinions. I am not, nor is my company, receiving compensation for it.