According to a note from TF Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple will release its version of smart glasses in the middle of 2020. I have no idea what they will be called.
When I think about the recent history of augmented reality eyewear, I fondly remember being called a “Glasshole” when sporting my Google Glass in public, and being too embarrassed to wear my Snap Spectacles in public.
While Microsoft’s HoloLens is an awesome device with all kinds of obvious uses, it portends a population of humans in Star Wars stormtrooper or Darth Vader helmets and battery-pack bandoliers to power them and to hold powerful low latency, high bandwidth broadband transceivers.
It looks like Apple is thinking about smart glasses as an iPhone accessory. That sounds like a good place to start. We shall… um… see.
Take the Survey
If the survey is not visible, click here.
Author’s note: This is not a sponsored post. I am the author of this article and it expresses my own opinions. I am not, nor is my company, receiving compensation for it.
Other Essays That May Interest You
- Personalized Politics
- Online Dating in a World of Deepfakes
- Free Search & Social: We Are NOT the Product; We Are Underpaid Workers
- 5 Things 5G Should Make You Think About – Updated
- Google: I Don’t Think That Word Means What You Think It Means
- Please Stop the Buzzword BS
- Does 5G Cause Cancer?
- Blockchain: 6 Great Non-Cryptocurrency Use Cases
- Deepfakes 2.0: The Sequel Is Even Scarier
- Uber and Lyft Are Doomed
- Wellness Tech: The Evolution of Apple Health
- Why You Think Your Devices Are Listening to You
- Custom Everything (The Slow, Painful Death of Mass-Market Goods)