Shelly Palmer Radio Report – February 17, 2011

[wpaudio url=”″ text=”Click to play … ” dl=”0″]

There are already over 600 million mobile broadband users, but that number is expected to double by the end of this year. With over 5 billion people estimated to be using the networks by 2016, its capacity would need to increase 25 times to accommodate the connections. In other news, a recent survey revealed that the more friends you have on Facebook, the more likely the site will stress you out. 12% of the respondents averaged 117 friends and said that Facebook made them stressed out. The remaining 88% had roughly 75 friends and were stress free. And finally, Google is undercutting Apple’s subscription platform by offering the One Pass billing system that will offer publishers 90% of the sales. Apple’s App store takes 30% from publishers, which has caused many to shy away from the service. Google One Pass will be available soon and utilizes Google Checkout for payments.

About Shelly Palmer

Shelly Palmer is the Professor of Advanced Media in Residence at Syracuse University’s S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications and CEO of The Palmer Group, a consulting practice that helps Fortune 500 companies with technology, media and marketing. Named LinkedIn’s “Top Voice in Technology,” he covers tech and business for Good Day New York, is a regular commentator on CNN and writes a popular daily business blog. He's a bestselling author, and the creator of the popular, free online course, Generative AI for Execs. Follow @shellypalmer or visit



PreviousShelly Palmer Talks About Borders Declaring Bankruptcy on CNN NextShelly Palmer’s Home & Auto Tech Guide – Home Security

Get Briefed Every Day!

Subscribe to my daily newsletter featuring current events and the top stories in technology, media, and marketing.